Saturday, June 5, 2010

BUYING A NEW CAR - CLOSURE

My Kia Forte was finally delivered last Saturday, 29 May 2010.

It was 29 days too late, going by the undertaking letter issued by the Branch Manager. The letter said my car will be delivered at the latest by 30 April 2010 failing which they will pay me RM50 per day. So the delay worked out to be worth RM1,450. The poor branch manager was under tremendous pressure to deliver. I wrote a few letters to Naza and called the BM periodically to harass him further. He claimed that this is the first time he had lost money on a deal. I intended to collect every single sen had the compensation being paid by Naza. Unfortunately, the BM had to fork out his own money. It was not exactly his fault that he could not deliver, as it was the higher up people in the HQ who allocate the cars. In the end, he was thankful when I reduced the compensation to RM900. After all, he did provide me with a temporary car from the 18th May.

I had the car for a week now. It was promoted as one of the safest car on the road, with ABS, traction control and 8 air bags. There are also a lot of electronic gadgets and cool stuff that comes with the present day cars. With traction control there is no need for excessive braking when going around the bend. Pick up is pretty decent with an output of 156psi for a small car. I did not realize that it is even smaller than the Honda Civic until I park next to it. White color is cool but get dusty in no time. There is a grey layer of dust on the bonnet and boot by the third day. ML could actually scrawl on it. All in all, I have no complaints. It might be too early to write a car review, but the verdict for now is…. the car is good value for money.

simon - 5 June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment